Key Organics Ltd
- Solution: Computer Network Design and Upgrade
- Sector: General Industry
- Year: 2006
- Contact: Gary Lyons
- Job title: IT Manager
- visit website
Key Organics wished to re-design, upgrade and migrate their computer network to support their business plans.
Key Organics Ltd is an independent Chemistry Services and Contract Research Organisation, based in Cornwall. Key Organics has 20 years' experience of Organic Synthesis.
When Key Organics needed to migrate their network to a Microsoft Windows and Exchange Server 2003 environment, they decided to invest in the expertise provided by a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner to ensure that they were getting the best advice. Nexus were selected as the preferred Microsoft partner to manage the key components of the project that included:
- IT project plan documentation
- Consultancy services to plan, oversee and ratify the whole project at all stages.
- Design of network upgrade and migration plan
- Design of network topology
- Create a data backup and retrieval strategy
- Upgrade the communication and messaging platform
- Implement and test new computer network security services
- Deploy virus and spyware detection
- Upgrade the LAN (Local Area Network)
- Upgrade the WAN (Wide Area Network)
- Implement computer network management tools
- Install and configure power and environmental management
- Audit software licensing
- Ongoing support services through Nexus Telephone Helpdesk and Retained Technical Services (RTS)
Gary Lyons, IT Manager, was very satisfied with the success of the project and with the close working relationship established with Nexus engineers.
"The upgrade of our core IT infrastructure was a key project for us and necessary to enable further expansion of the business. I was highly impressed with the skills that Nexus brought to the project and would not hesitate to recommend them."